BSD Family History Society
The Family History Society was launched in March 2007 as a means of generating some income since the original funding for the Bute Sons & Daughters project has long finished. Those who join will be immediately entitled to the following:
Membership of the Family History Society is £12 per annum, payable by cheque made out to Bute Sons and Daughters and sent to our address at The Discovery Centre (see below), or by PayPal, a secure method of payment via the Internet. To join, click on the 'Subscribe' button below.
- Receipt of our quarterly Newsletter 'The Islander', full of fascinating information about the history and people of Bute. The newsletter will be delivered by email or made available for download from the website; it isn't produced in printed form.
- Access to ALL movie clips from the digital archive.
- Access to online census data: Bute 1841 to 1871; Piper Hall 1871; Rothesay Parish 1891; North & South Bute 1901; Rothesay 1901. These records have been painstakingly transcribed by our volunteers and they are in varying stages of completion, but we will continue to add to them as more and more of the records are transcribed.
- Bute Mountain Battery, Nominal Roll: A Nominal Roll of the Warrant Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers and Men of the 4th Highland (Mountain) Brigade, RG (TF) August 1914 to May 1919. (58 page document)
- Access to all messages stored in the old forum system. You'll need to use the standard member ID and Password to reach the old forum now because it is so vulnerable to spam.
Bute Sons & Daughters
The Isle of Bute Discovery Centre
Isle of Bute